Table of Contents
- 1 How to Choose Hosting for Your Website?
- 1.1 What is your planning?
- 1.2 What types of web hosting’s you are looking for?
- 1.3 How to choose the right web hosting company?
- 1.4 What are people talking about this company?
- 1.5 How good support team they have?
- 1.6 How much storage do they provide?
- 1.7 What is the bandwidth amount that they promise to give?
- 1.8 What is the server response time?
- 1.9 What is the uptime they are claiming?
- 1.10 What are the tools and services they offer?
- 1.11 Is the price list is reasonable?
It’s a big question for all webmasters. How to decide the right web hosting company that gives you satisfactory service?. Now, it could be two situations, one, you have purchased one web hosting before and got disappointed, or you want to newly host your new website. For both of the cases, choosing the right web hosting is must to task. In this guide, I will show you the checklist that you must consider while you are choosing a web hosting.
There are few web hosting companies promise of doing a lot but at the end up do nothing. They just let your site down for a long time saying “sorry for the inconvenience”. where some do a brilliant job as they promise to do. So, it’s very important to choose the right web hosting for your site, because hosting is more like the engine of your website, if your engine is not good, it will disappoint you at pick time. I know many fellows who were doing great with their website, producing outstanding contents, doing great SEO, receiving a good amount of traffics, but suddenly because of their web hosting service they got very disappointments downtimes. This article will help you to find a good web hosting service for your website.
How to Choose Hosting for Your Website?
What do you want? Now, this question must be answered first before choosing any hosting. What is your planning?, how long you are thinking?, what could be the estimated traffic ?, and what is your budget?, what types of hosting service that you are looking for?. So, these are the questions that should be answered before digging into hosting websites. I know you might be getting little confused now, but don’t worry I will answer all of your questions.
What is your planning?
Before any move, planning is a must. To make your website perform well you must come up with a proper planning and how to execute it. First, ask What is the present situation of your business, or if you are new, then how much growth that you are expecting let’s say in next 12 months?. Also, what types of website that you are owning, its it a blog?, personal website? Or an e commerce store? Or service provider?. All these are different, so first ask yourself what is my website is all about? . And then star planning your expected goals and growth. Choose the planning according to your plan and types of website that you own.
What types of web hosting’s you are looking for?
Once you have done your planning and all. Now it’s time to find a suitable web hosting for you. And, in this case, first question that click in your mind is, what are the types of web hosting’s there? . There are mainly three basic and popular types of web hosting are there. Shared server, Virtual server, and Dedicated server.
- Shared Hosting works great for small blog, personal websites with low traffic engagements. As in the shared hosting, it will share resources with the other websites on the same server. Shared servers are very cheaply available and very popular. But, to be honest, it can’t handle high traffic load, and will down at the high traffic time. Also, it is not recommended for heavy sites that consumes high resources like an e commerce site. So, think again about shared hosting, if you are thinking big growth with your website.
- Virtual Server can give you more resources and stability compares to shared one. If you are having a decent amount of traffic or you are an e commerce site, you can host your website on virtual server hosting. Yet, it can’t handle a big flood of real time traffic.
- Dedicated Sever is where an entire server is only dedicated to your website. Although, a dedicated server is the most expensive, it can handle high traffic load on your site. Also, it comes with multi domain hosting option where you can host your multiple sites on the same server. You can have less down time problem and fewer issues with this web hosting.
So this was a little overview of web hosting types and categories. Now, it’s time for choose right web hosting company for your website. Believe me, this is the hardest thing ever!. You will be finding every company is promising to be the best, but do really they are?.
How to choose the right web hosting company?
There are many factors that you must consider while picking the right one for you. These parameters will help you to find the right web hosting. Here, I will mention some question that you need to ask about that company and if you find a satisfactory answer you can go with it.
What are people talking about this company?
Go to the trustable review portals and online forums to look what people are talking about them. In those online review portals, you will find after sale experiences of users, ratings, comments, which are very important to know. Also, look for company profile, news portals what latest news is coming out from this company. In nutshell do complete online research about it, which you can easily do by doing Google search only.
How good support team they have?
Now it’s not a one-time buy. The moment you purchased any web hosting service the work begins here. Without a good support team, it will be hard to find help at bad times. So, it’s very important to look for customer service. How to know their customer service is good?. Make a list of some popular web hosting companies, and follow
- First of collect their customer service contact number or go for a live chat.
- Prepare your set of the question before regarding your web hosting, and check how well they are answering. Also, check how long they let you wait to reach their support.
- Find out the support options they have like the call, live chat, mail support. Explore their entire support system to find how dedicated they are for after sale support.
How much storage do they provide?
Storage is the space server that you will use to store your content, like image, videos, texts and all uploads. So, the storage space really does matter if you are using a heavily content-rich website like e commerce.
Also, you will find many web hosting companies promoting they as “unlimited storage”, a truth is it’s not really unlimited for all. And, if you are going for shared hosting then this is going to be a bad sign for you. As, they are claiming its unlimited, many folks who are using the same shared server may upload heavy content, which will effect on your site too. So, always look out the storage factor very carefully.
What is the bandwidth amount that they promise to give?
Bandwidth is typically the amount of data that one visitor will use at a particular time on your site. Now, it depends on traffic also, if there is high traffic site, you need to have high bandwidth, or else site your site may go down. When lots of traffic will access heavy contents, the problem may occur if there is not enough bandwidth to handle it. But, for low traffic site that’s should not be a big issue. So, have a look into what bandwidth they are promising to give.
What is the server response time?
Server response time is the time server takes to respond to load your content for visitors. It depends on bandwidth also. But, If that web hosting company limits their bandwidth, now it might be a problem, when you will receive high traffic at a time. You can look for websites hosted by that web hosting company to look how long the server to response time is. Some web hosting has very good server response time, while other don’t.
What is the uptime they are claiming?
Uptime means the accuracy of down time by the web hosting company. Let’s say one company is promising uptime of 99% that means, they are claiming that there will be no downtime of website for 362 days but there might chances of 3 days downtime in a year. Now, if you are using money making sites or business related site, 3 days downtime might be a problem. So, always give priority to uptime while you are buying a web hosting package.
What are the tools and services they offer?
Look for the tools according to your need. Tools like WordPress, FTP access, and service like a good user-friendly C panel. First make a list of things that you would need, and look for tools and services of the web hosting service providers. Most the hosting provider has similar tools and services, although if you can’t find anything, ask their support system for information regarding that.
Is the price list is reasonable?
Now, this question can change the whole game. Compare the prices around the web, also don’t just go for lowest price, look at the features and analysis do they are making any tricks by giving it at such low price. So, beware of that and look for everything.
Now if you are confused about choosing a web hosting service, then here I am recommending two of my favored hosting provide, you can try these hosting for hassle-free hosting service, Hostgator, Bluehost.
Hope this article helps you to make a better choice for web hosting for your website. As, hosting play’s an important role in your website success, always look for everything before you go for a hosting. Look for each individual parameters that I have mentioned here, these will definitely help you to make the better choice.