Whatsapp is a very popular and also very useful these days for sharing messages, photos, videos, audio formats, contacts, and what not. But due to storage space, we use to delete messages, or by mistake sometimes we press the delete button. And, as there is no official option available for recovering deleted messages, it often causes problems.
That is why we are here to mention the method to see Deleted Messages on WhatsApp using which you can restore and read the previous messages of your past conversation.In this article, we have provided the detailed description of the methods to restore the deleted WhatsApp messages, screenshots for them so that readers can understand and try them with ease. So be with us until the end and know the method.
Method to see Deleted Messages on WhatsApp
Though there are a few methods available to recover deleted WhatsApp messages, we have mentioned the most reliable one and effective for almost all android devices. Even all the steps related to this method are also same for all Android smartphones. And, it’s applicable for those who are using bluestack or any other android emulators for using WhatsApp on PC , or multiple WhatsApp in one device. and So WhatsApp are going to start describing the method with easy and simple steps to follow.
Steps to Follow:
- Whatsapp stores back up for all your chat conversation on 2 AM every day and saves in our devices in “.crypt12” formats. So first of all, go to your device’s storage first. Then in WhatsApp folder, you will see a folder named as “Databases”, click on it.
- After opening the folder, you will get 3 “.crypt12” files saved there. These are the backup files of your past conversations.
- Now first of all, rename the file named as “msgstore.db.crypt12” to “backup-msgstore.db.crypt12”.
- After renaming the file, there remain two more files and these two contain the chat back up. Now watch the “last modified date” of those files in “details” option and guess which files may contain the chat conversation you want to restore.
- After choosing that particular file, rename it to “msgstore.db.crypt12”. (if you can not be sure about the date of the chat conversation, then it is better to choose the latest one).
- After that, go to Settings> App manager/ App log> WhatsApp. Now uninstall and re-install it. Or you can “Clear Data”.
- Now open WhatsApp, click “AGREE AND CONTINUE”, then enter the phone number for verification.
- After verification, you will get the “Restore Backup” option. Click “Restore” to recover your past WhatsApp conversations.
- Wait for a while to allow WhatsApp to restore the messages for you. Then click “Next” to continue.
- Now enter your name and that’s it. we are done!
This is only the method to see Deleted Messages on WhatsApp. The steps of the method are very simple and easy, you can easily try them. Anyone can do or follow the steps by reading the instructions and recover the messages of the previous conversations. If there is any confusion, then you can watch the tutorial for the same on youtube or can comment below.