Table of Contents
Being human mistakes is not an uncommon happening. Sometimes we delete an important mail and then later feel like “ohhoo..That was an important mail”. Although, Mails are very important these days, we don’t like to keep unwanted mails, so we delete mails. Now the question comes, what to do if that deleted unwanted mail becomes very wanted now. Well, this might be a problem, but every problem has a solution, this also has, not a definite one, but this might help you to recover your important mail that you have deleted.
Now, before we go for exact steps for recovering the mails from inbox, let’s first ask some questions to find what your status is right now. Because, you might don’t need to follow the tricky path to recover.
Can I Really Recover My Mail?
Yes, No (50/50). Recovering mail is not yet certain after 30 days of time period. You can hit and try, Google has recovered many people’s important mails, but not everyone’s. But, yes it is possible to recover your mail by following methods that I will mention next.
How long it’s been you have deleted your mail?
So, whenever you delete a mail from your inbox, it moves to trash folder of your mail account. This folder has all the deleted mails, but only for 30 days. Yes, that’s true. Gmail has a policy that they delete mails keeping it for 30 days into the trash folder. So, if it’s not been 30 days, that you have deleted your mail, then you can recover your mail easily without any further trick. How to recover?, Just follow the simple steps.
How to recover deleted mails before 30days time period?
- Open your Gmail by signing your mail id and password.
- Now, go to trash folder. Can’t find the trash folder? Look below
- Once you open the trash folder, you can find your mail right there, if it is not more than 30 days old. Move the mail from trash folder to inbox.
This is how you can recover your mail if it is not more than 30 days old. But, if your deleted mail has crossed that 30 days period then you have to go for different recovery protocol. Below, I will show you how exactly you can do that.
How to recover deleted mails after 30days time period?
Now, Google knows that mistake might happen. So, you can contact Google support team and request them for recovering your missing mail. But, remember if you have deleted your mail from trash folder by clicking permanent deleted, then chances of getting that mail back is less. But, still, you can try this way.
- First, log in to your Gmail account.
- After that go to missing mail support page.
- Now, you will find a form that shows if you lost your mail, you can recover using this form.
- Fill the form carefully, and mentioned that date properly.
- In the section of “Describe the Problem”, write your problem briefly, when you have missed. How you have missed it, have you deleted it by yourself, or it is being missed by itself. Write everything briefly. And, my suggestion would be, don’t try to hide anything, write honestly.
- After completing the form properly, click to “submit” button.
Your work ends here. Now, Google will look for their criteria’s of recovering mails, and can they recover it or not. Mos, ly in this case, Google reply as soon as possible. You will find a clear reply that says can you recover it or not. If they reply “yes”, you can find your mail recovered within few hours or days.
Is there any other way?
The way I have mentioned above is the best to get quick reply. Mostly, within few hours Google support team will reply to you. But, still if you are not getting reply for weeks, you can support.google.com and request there for help. Even though, it might take some time to find a reply from other end, but as there is no other option you can try.
So, this was simple guide for recovering Gmail after 30 days and before 30days. As you get to know that before 30 days mail recovery is quite easy compare to the after 30days. But, still as it uncertain for 30days, I would love to hear your experiences.
Have you recovered your mail?
What problem that you face while doing this protocol?
Do you have any suggestion?
Express your thought’s in the comment section.