Table of Contents
So, you got your OnePlus 5T, and now you want to root it, correct?. Rooting OnePlus 5T will give you just another level of experience than using the normal android version. You can unblock all applications and enjoy the latest unreleased versions of applications and games. Rooting OnePlus 5T brings many facilities for the users, that is why a lot of users want to root their android phones.
And, Guess what?. Today we will walk you through a complete guide to How to root OnePlus 5T with and without PC?. Firstly, rooting by using windows and secondly, by using rooting apps and detailed steps for both the ways.
How to Root OnePlus 5T With PC?
The process of rooting Android smartphones using windows PC is slightly different from doing it for all other Android smartphones.
Steps to follow:
- Go to Settings> About Phone> ensure you are using android 7.1.1.
- Click on “Build Number” bunch of times (at least 7 times) until it says “You Have Enabled Developer Option”.
- Now go back to Settings> newly added “Developer Option“
- Turn on “OEM unblocking” if it is not ON.
- Now turn off the phone
- Now switch it ON by pressing the power button and the volume down button.
- Now you will get language option, choose English by navigation using volume up/down button then select English by pressing the power button.
- There you will get some options including “Advanced” option, click on it.
- Now choose “Reboot to fastboot” by pressing the power button. Again allow the phone by pressing the power button again to “Reboot to fastboot“. You will get the bootloader page with many options including “Device state: Locked“
- Now connect your OnePlus 5T phone to your Windows devices using USB connector.
- After that, you will need to download 4 files i.e Fastboot.zip, Windows USB drivers, Magisk, and OnePlus 5T TWRP Recovery file.
- All the files will be downloaded in .zip format, so, first of all, extract them.
- Now copy “05ttwrp.img” file and paste it into the extracted Fastboot folder.
- Click on START button, type “cmd” in search window
- After opening the cmd window, type “cd downloads” and hit ENTER
- Now type “cd fastboot“, hit ENTER
- Then type “fastboot oem unlock” hit ENTER.
- Now you will get a warning message written “Unlock Boot Loader?” on your phone, select YES by navigating by volume buttons and selecting by pressing the power button.
- It may take some time in rebooting by turning off and then On automatically.
- After that, you will get a Welcome screen for signing in, click to sign in.
- After signing in, go back to settings> then “About phone“> again click “Build Number” bunch of times> again go to developer option and make sure the OEM is checked on> then switch off the phone to put it in Fastboot again by pressing the volume down and power button> “Advanced” > “Reboot to fastbook” >”Reboot to fastboot“>now it will show “Device state: Unlocked“
- Now go back to the cmd screen on your computer and type “fastboot flash recovery o5ttwrp.img” (without quotation) hit ENTER for recovery
- Now navigate to “recovery mode” on your phone using the volume button and then choose the option by pressing the power button.
- Then there will come a screen written on it “Unspecified system partition“, click on “keep read Only” option> then “Wipe“> “Format Data” > type “Yes” and click go > now go back to home, click on “Reboot” > “recovery” > “Do not install” > it will bring you back to TWRP recovery screen, select “Keep Read Only” option> now copy and paste the downloaded “Magisk” file in the oneplus internal storage/ sd card> now you can disconnect the phone from computer.
- Now click on “Install“> select Magisk> swipe for rebooting> “Reboot system”> “do not install“.
- Congratulations! Your OnePlus 5T is rooted now.
You may need to update the driver in this process. So here is the steps to update the driver:
- Click on START Button.
- Go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound> Device Manager under the Devices and Printers Section.
- Double click on “Android” (the connected OnePlus 5T) under the Other Devices section.
- Click on Update Driver> select “Browse My Computer For Driver Software”.
- Select “Let Me Pick From A Device Drivers On My Computer” option.
- Select “Show All Devices” and click NEXT> now click on “Have Disk”> click on “Browse” option.
- Select “Android_winUSB” file from the download folder and click OK> choose Android ADB interface, click NEXT > then YES > INSTALL.
- After installation of Android ADB interface click on CLOSE and then finally close the window
How to Root OnePlus 5T using Rooting Apps?
The easiest way of rooting Android smartphones is using the rooting apps. There are many rooting apps available which help in rooting. Some of the top rooting apps are Vroot, Kingroot, Framaroot, Kingoroot, One Click Root, Towel Root, iRoot App, Root Master, Z4Root App, and others. So using the rooting apps would be the better option for those who have no knowledge about rooting. You can read more details about how to root with rooting apps, following this link.
Rooting OnePlus 5T is quite easy if you follow the ways and steps. Users can follow and root their Android smartphones using windows as well as rooting apps. For rooting OnePlus 5T using root apps, users can browse to the above-mentioned link. These methods will surely make you able to root your device on your own. So follow the suitable way and its detailed steps to root OnePlus 5T as well as other Android devices.